How Unmade Decisions Can Ruin Your Life
Your life consists of small & big decisions.
When you cross a street you make a decision.
Getting your coffee at your favorite coffee shop you make a decision.
You probably make 15 to 20 small decisions every single day.
You could be in a completely different place-making right decisions in your life.
How are you do that?
According to the Pew Research Center, 81% of Americans struggle to make a big decision and rely mainly on research on the Internet.
“Siri, can you, please tell me, should I marry this man?”
Siri replies: “Reroute!”
Nope, Siri and the entire Internet is not the best solution to your problem.
José N. Harris once said: “Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful…”
Does it sound familiar to you?
One of the major reasons we lose out life energy is our unmade decisions.
Unmade decisions over a while can affect your mind, mood, your performance at work, your personal life, and can lead to different health complications that are common in our modern society.
Some people are good at making decisions and some are not. Some people listen to their intuition and some are not.
I always will remember the story of a woman, who married a wrong man who very soon became an alcoholic and a violent man. As a result of continuous stress, she got terminally ill and died at the age of 37, leaving 2 little girls behind her. If she divorced her alcoholic and a violent husband, she might be still alive…
Sometimes it’s hard for us to make a big decision, and we are trying to delay it, and as a result, we lose our life energy, our immune system goes down, and we feel constantly fatigued and unhappy.
Unmade decision becomes like a black hole that will invisibly suck out your life energy.
Unmade decision like a crab digs into your brain and causes you condition that in psychiatry called rumination. Where our brain like a cow constantly jewing on a particular unmade decision.
Scientists have proven that rumination is a precursor of a Depression.
What should we do? How can you help yourself to make an important decision?
- You can choose to leave the situation you don’t like! Simply saying, you are running away from the situation that causing you harm.
- You can choose to accept, adapt to the current situation after evaluating it and weighing it on scales. What pros & cons. Only if you realize that to survive, you have to temporarily adapt to the situation you are in, you can choose to accept it.
- Delayed Decision. It’s a good option if you put action toward the situation you are in. And at the present moment, you are not able to make an immediate and firm decision. However, you recognize that you don’t like the situation you are in and you do put actions toward your upcoming escape. For example, if you don’t like your job but it pays well. You start to look for a better job that you like and have the same or even better pay.
But what if you don’t like any of these choices? What’s then? Then, my best advise to you is to work on developing the following decision-making skills:
4 essential life skills that will help you to make a big decision:
- 1. Critical Thinking
- 2. The non-emotional approach to your problem.
- 3. Listen to your intuition.
- 4. Consider a long term solution.
With this set of skills, you will have no problem making big & important decisions in your life. And I sincerely hope that these suggestions will help you to make a big decision in your life, and ultimately will help you regain that precious life energy and happiness that you were missing for so long.