11 Ways To Beat Your Fear Of Public Speaking
We all have fears that we want to overcome.
However, fear is the natural reaction of our brain regarding an upcoming danger.
The body and mind react to Danger using something called “Fight or Flight”
It’s normal to have fear when you are standing on the edge of the high peak of the mountain, or when you see a big forest fire that is moving toward you. That’s when our mind cry’s FLIGHT!
However, it’s not natural to have fear when you speaking in front of people.
It’s normal to be nervous to some degree but not to feel scared to death.
So, how can you overcome this type of fear?
Here are the long-awaited 11 Ways To Beat Your Fear Of Public Speaking.
- First of all, you must have a very Strong Intention (Not a Desire!) to do so.
- You must put Action into place.
- Prepare your speech to 100%. Know your speech so perfectly that if someone wakes you in the middle of a night and asks you to present your speech, you can do it right away. Knowing your speech well will provide important self-confidence.
- Present your speeches in front of an audience as often as possible. The more speeches you present, less scary it becomes!
- Present 10 of your speeches in front of a small audience. Only after that should you go to speak to a larger audience with the same confidence.
- Boost your self-confidence by speaking aloud: saying, “I don’t care about this upcoming event!”
Your Doubt might say: “The big people are going to be in the audience.”
Repeat aloud to yourself many times: “I don’t care, so what? I will prepare very well and practice every day, all will be fine.
This is different from ignoring your fear.
7. Do your best, practice at home every day and be prepared well with your speech, this knowledge will release your fear and will give self-confidence.
8. Enjoy yourself! Yes, you will present your speech…and what so special about it? It’s a NEW normal thing for you.
9. Say your affirmations aloud to yourself when you relaxed and calm at home. Change your fear to excitement. Fear and excitement are actually the same feelings. Every time you feel afraid, you can feel EXCITED instead. How?
Take a deep breath, and smile with a big happy smile, then start moving around, back and forth. This way you will get excitement and relief by doing exercise such a walking, or stand in one place and bring your arms all the way down, that you can touch your feet easily. Do it until you feel good and fear has left you. This technique works because you actually combine deep breathing, smiling and exercising all in one at the same time. It works, you will see.
10. Distract yourself with Humor. When you know your speech 100% and for no reason get afraid before you go to the stage, distract yourself, go and talk with someone about something not related to your speech. Joke around and talk funny so that you can laugh and make someone laugh along with you. A good joke and a good laugh prior to your speech will help you relax and create a positive & fearless mood.
11. It may help to calm your anxiety & fear of public speaking to take the following natural herbal remedies such as St. John Wort Tincture, Valerian Root Tincture or Hops Tincture.
The St. John Wort Tincture you can take at any time as it will not make you to sleep.
The Valerian Root or Hops Tincture you should take before you go to bed. On the day of your speech, it may help you reduce your stress and anxiety.
Each of you is created unique and different! I did my best to provide you with more than enough public speaking fear killing remedies for you to choose from.
I will be very curious to know what technique worked best for you? Leave your reply in the comments below. You will brighten my day with the good news that my article helped you to kill your fear of public speaking.
Live Long, Stay Strong.